ADAPTSMART: Accelerated Development of Appropriate Patient Therapies -
London, EMA, 17th January 2017: ADAPT
SMART is a platform funded by the European Union's IMI (Innovative Medicines Initiative) for the coordination of Medicines Adaptive
Pathways to Patients (MAPPs) activities, involving multi-stakeholder approaches from research through to treatment outcomes.
MAPPs seek to foster access to
beneficial treatments for the right patient groups at the earliest
appropriate time in the product life-span in a sustainable fashion.
The European Medicines Agency is today hosting at Canary Wharf in London an expert workshop on ADAPTSMART, with delegates from throughout the European Region, from the Japanese medicines agency and elsewhere.
- appropriate use of medicines
- timely access to innovative medicines and other interventions
- early access medicine schemes
- protected therapeutic schemes e.g. cancer access funds
- compassionate use
- expanded access pathways
- shortened timelines for approvals
- international comparisons for consequences of inappropriate prescribing - non-compliance with treatment guidelines. Differences will be considered where reimbursement is linked to compliance with prescribing guidelines.